Connexions Quotations

AuthorsTopics — First Letter: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  K  L  M N O P R S T U V  W Y

Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
- George Orwell

Each life will never come again, and a whole range of knowledge passes with each person.
- Michael Riordon

Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper.
- George Orwell

The earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.
- Chief Joseph (Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt)

The earth is not dying, she is being murdered. And we know who is killing her and we have their names and addresses.
- Utah Phillips

The 80-20 Law:
The first 80% of a project takes 80% of the time.
The final 20% takes the other 80%.

The energies of much of the left are devoted to issuing appeals to the capitalist state to fix our problems, or to looking for ways to fix the state as if it had somehow accidentally gone off track. The left has always been attracted to the state the way a moth is attracted to a flame, and the darker it gets, the more it is attracted to statist and nationalist illusions.
- Ulli Diemer

The emancipation of the working classes must be conquered by the working classes themselves.
- Karl Marx

The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.
- George Orwell

Even when the experts all agree, they may well be mistaken.
- Bertrand Russell

Every bureaucracy seeks to increase the superiority of the professionally informed by keeping knowledge and intention secret. In so far as it can it hides its knowledge and action from criticism.
- Max Weber

Every government is run by liars and nothing they say should be believed.
- I.F. Stone

Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it.
- Noam Chomsky

Every person who has ever achieved anything has been knocked down many times. But all of them picked themselves up and kept going, and that is what I have always tried to do.
- Wangari Maathai

Every step of real movement is more important than a dozen programmes.
- Karl Marx

Every thing secret degenerates... nothing is safe that does not show it can bear discussion and publicity.
- Lord Acton (John Dalberg-Acton)

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and begin all over again.
- Andre Gide

Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everything that can be said can be said clearly.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train ourselves to be passive in its presence.
- Julian Assange

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
- George Orwell

The existing penal system, which is permeated through and through with the brutal class spirit and barbarism of capitalism, must be extirpated root and branch.
- Rosa Luxemburg

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
- Oscar Wilde

AuthorsTopics — First Letter: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  K  L  M N O P R S T U V  W Y