Gladstone, ArthurPublisher: Canadian Scientific Pollution and Environmental Control Society, Vancouver, Canada
Year Published: 1976
Book Type: Handbooks/Manuals
Resource Type: Article
Cx Number: CX98
A handbook for study and action on the ecological crisis.
Abstract: This is a handbook for study and action on the ecological crisis. It contains articles and annotated listings of publications, organizations and other resources.
I. The Problem:
1. The World Ecological Crisis
2. Ecology and Ecosystems
3. Biological Community and Human Community
4. Problems We Face in British Columbia
II. Directions for Action
5. Personal Action and Lifestyle Changes
6. Alternate Technology and Agriculture
7. Social Change - Towards an Ecologically Balanced Society
III. Resources for Action
8. Beauty and Joy
10. Information Sources and Centres
11. Citizens' Organizations
12. Government Agencies and Legal Action.
The B.C. Ecologue will be available in bookstores and also directly from SPEC.