Native Indian/Inuit Phototgraphers' Association (NIIPA)
Organization profile published 1986
Year Published: 1986
Resource Type: Organization
Cx Number: CX3039
NIIP was founded in March, 1985, at the first national conference of Native photographers, in Hamilton, Ontariio. Its main goal is to set up an Indian/Inuit photographic network and to promote a positive, realistic and contemporary image of Native Indian/Inuit people. NIIP's goals include.
- hosting an annual photography conference of Native Indian/Inuit people using exhibits, slide shows and
- publish a quarterly newsletter to develop writing skills and provide a medium for Native Indian and Inuit
- organizing and collecting archival materials related to Native peoples and to Initiate exchnage with other
galleries and archives;
- compling a directory of Native photographers to increase publication and job opporunities;
- gender equality in Native Indian/Inuit photography.
Annual membership for Native people is $25 while associated membership for others is $15.