Community Education Development Association of Winnipeg, Inc. (CEDA)
Organization profile published 1982
Year Published: 1982
Resource Type: Organization
Cx Number: CX2573
CEDA is a non-profit organization working in Winnipeg's inner-city. Its objectives are:
- to enhance the collective problems solving and coping capabilities of communities.
- to link communities with resource systems;
- to facilitate interaction and to modify and to build new relationships with communities and societal resource systems;
- to contribute to the development and improvement of social and education prolicy;
- To promote the effective and human operations of systems toward improving community life; and
- to acquire and to distribute material resources of use to the community.
CEDA provides training and workshops for non-profit groups in the following areas:
basic group skills; personal skills (confidence, public speaking, time management); organizaiton and advanced group skills (conflict resolution, action planning, group buildings, advertising, and public relations); obtaining community participation, and stress management and relaxation techniques.
CEDA grew out of the Community School Programs of the Winnipeg School Division. In early 1979, parents and community activists incorporated as a non-profit organization and received funding from the United Way. Its services are available to parents' recreation committees, school-parent groups, social agencies and other non-profit organizations.
This abstract was published in the Connexions Digest in 1982.