Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
Connexions Directory of Groups & Websites 2016
Purpose: SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. Based in Stockholm, SIPRI also has a presence in Beijing, and is regularly ranked among the most respected think tanks worldwide.
SIPRI's vision is a world in which sources of insecurity are identified and understood, conflicts are prevented or resolved, and peace is sustained.
SIPRI#s mission is to:
* undertake research and activities on security, conflict and peace;
* provide policy analysis and recommendations;
* facilitate dialogue and build capacities;
* promote transparency and accountability; and
* deliver authoritative information to global audiences.
Geographic Scope: International
Experts on similar topics in the Sources Directory:
Connect with Connexions
Newsletter Facebook Twitter